Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Assets as a Cloud service asset limitations

Level 2

Trying to find out the limitations of Assets as a Cloud service (specific to cloud service and not 6.5 on premises or AMS environments) that we should abide by?

1) Limitation on the Storage of native files within AEM Assets?

2) Limitation on the size of files stored in AEM Assets under a folder?

3) Limitation around the number of file/folders under a hierarchy?

4) Any general limitation that we should abide by when dealing with DAM?

If there is a benchmarking done by Adobe, it would be great to get a handle to that link?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @amijain ,
welcome to the experience league community! 
Sorry to say i do not know the answer to all of those questions.
I have been given a number regarding your question #3.
Folders that contain more then 1000 assets will drop in performance. I don't know how much, since i never seen a benchmark.
But it was talked about in the implementation phase - and i figured out a way to do it.
So it is recomended to have your folder structured in a way to avoid folders with too many assets.

I did not encounter any limitations on size of files so far. But i did not actively checked for it.
We run pretty big PSD and TIF files, which never did any problems within the AEMaaCS... they do tend to slow down print media production BUT this is a different conversation and more an Asset Link thingy.

I am interested if somebody will come up with answers to the rest of your questions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @amijain ,
welcome to the experience league community! 
Sorry to say i do not know the answer to all of those questions.
I have been given a number regarding your question #3.
Folders that contain more then 1000 assets will drop in performance. I don't know how much, since i never seen a benchmark.
But it was talked about in the implementation phase - and i figured out a way to do it.
So it is recomended to have your folder structured in a way to avoid folders with too many assets.

I did not encounter any limitations on size of files so far. But i did not actively checked for it.
We run pretty big PSD and TIF files, which never did any problems within the AEMaaCS... they do tend to slow down print media production BUT this is a different conversation and more an Asset Link thingy.

I am interested if somebody will come up with answers to the rest of your questions.