"audienceManager" : {
        "server" : ""
    },
    "acquisition" : {
        "server" : "",
        "appid" : ""
    }
}

The RSID, tracking server and clientCode has been replace with its respective values. Now, when  I call [ADBMobile trackState:@"Page Name" data:@{RequiredKey:Value}]; , I am able to see ADBMobile Debug: Analytics - Attempting to send request ****

But I am unable to find any analytics in MobileAppOverview when I run the application. Is there anything else to see analytics. Any help is highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Janakiraman Rajendran wrote...

ADBMobile Warning: Analytics - Unable to send hit(A server with the specified hostname could not be found.)

ADBMobile Debug: Analytics - Recoverable network error, imposing internal cooldown(30 seconds)

I tried with @rsid.112.2o7.net and I can find events being tracked. Can I know, why the generated config file server is not working. Is it a bug in our setup or something that needs to be fixed up by Adobe. Once again, thanks for your help.

Without knowing what server exactly you are trying to hit and what your report suite is, we cannot do any additional debugging to find out why your app cannot send the hit to the analytics server defined by the config file. 

I recommend having your company's supported user contact Customer Care to log a ticket with the details so we can investigate further. It is important that the config file from Mobile Services should work out of the box and I'd like to nail down exactly what is wrong. Thanks.

Jared Butterfield
Mobile Engineer

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Since you have offlineEnabled = false in your config, all the hits the SDK is sending in will not be timestamped. If your Report Suite is timestamp enabled, those hits will be thrown away. On initial look at your config, that is most likely the issue.

I would recommend logging in to Mobile Services with your Analytics account or AdobeID and downloading the config file for that report suite. That will have the correct settings for the config based on your report suite settings.

Jared Butterfield
Mobile Engineer

Level 5

Hi

While debugging you will see all the variable which you have populated to variables e.g server , RSID , evar , props etc if the request has been successfully sent.

--Dev

Level 1

Jared Butterfield wrote...

Since you have offlineEnabled = false in your config, all the hits the SDK is sending in will not be timestamped. If your Report Suite is timestamp enabled, those hits will be thrown away. On initial look at your config, that is most likely the issue.

I would recommend logging in to Mobile Services with your Analytics account or AdobeID and downloading the config file for that report suite. That will have the correct settings for the config based on your report suite settings.

Jared Butterfield
Mobile Engineer

Thanks for your help Jared,

I got the updated config file from the analytics administrator and its as follows 

{"version":"2014-09-05T01:47:32.711Z","target":{"clientCode":"","timeout":5},"audienceManager":{"server":""},"acquisition":{"server":"c00.adobe.com","appid":"@generatedAppID"},"analytics":{"rsids":"@AppName","server":"@companyName.or1.2o7.net","ssl":false,"offlineEnabled":true,"charset":"UTF-8","lifecycleTimeout":300,"privacyDefault":"optedin","batchLimit":0,"timezone":"EDT","timezoneOffset":-240,"referrerTimeout":0,"poi":[]}}

I tried with analytics hit. And it generates following error

ADBMobile Warning: Analytics - Unable to send hit(A server with the specified hostname could not be found.)

ADBMobile Debug: Analytics - Recoverable network error, imposing internal cooldown(30 seconds)

I tried with @rsid.112.2o7.net and I can find events being tracked. Can I know, why the generated config file server is not working. Is it a bug in our setup or something that needs to be fixed up by Adobe. Once again, thanks for your help.

Level 1

I get something like the following in the debug log. But I don't see the server and RSID.

(s87566545?AQB=1&ndh=1&t=00%2F00%2F0000%2000%3A00%3A00%200%20-330&c.&a.&Resolution=768x1024&DeviceName=x86_64&TimeSinceLaunch=137&AppID=My%20App%202.0.0%20%282.0.0.0%29&OSVersion=iOS%207.1&action=ButtonActionFont&CarrierName=%28null%29&.a&.ww&.c&aid=54CB5A21FAF64368-1E12FC6472557E10&ce=UTF-8&pe=lnk_o&pageName=My%20App2F2.0.0.0&pev2=AMACTION%3AButtonActionFont&AQE=1)

Also, I am unable to see any analytics on site cat account. Is there anything else I need to do? Or there could be some other issue?

Correct answer by
Employee

Janakiraman Rajendran wrote...

Without knowing what server exactly you are trying to hit and what your report suite is, we cannot do any additional debugging to find out why your app cannot send the hit to the analytics server defined by the config file. 

I recommend having your company's supported user contact Customer Care to log a ticket with the details so we can investigate further. It is important that the config file from Mobile Services should work out of the box and I'd like to nail down exactly what is wrong. Thanks.

Jared Butterfield
Mobile Engineer

Level 1

I changed the tracking url to http://10.100.202.21:49809 -> bloodhound url and I was able to see hits on the bloodhound tool. But, when I change it to the server tracking url, I am unable to find any hits in the analytics. When does this scenario occurs? Is it due to wrong tracking url or rsid. Does the client code has anything to do for it not to work?