Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Push notification auto opt out

Level 2

The Android app I'm working on has Adobe Mobile Services SDK4 implemented and push notification was set up for it.

Push notification is working fine, however occasionally I run into the trouble of not receiving push notifications. When I check the logs in Charles, I noticed that sometimes there's a lifecycle call being sent from the SDK that opts me out.

1760608_pastedImage_5.png

Questions is, what could be the trigger of causing this lifecycle call which is sending push.optIn as 'False'? On app reinstall, a lifecycle call that sends push.optIn as 'True' is triggered and I'm able to receive push notification again.

In the ADBMobileConfig.json, "privacyDefault" was also set as "optedin".

Did not encounter this issue in iOS.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

attrdata-shenlitan​,

This hit is sent when the below app code method is called. 

Config.setPushIdentifier(token);

For example, in order to designate that a user has opted-out of push, you would call `Config.setPushIdentifier(null);`  and for true it would be the token.

Jen

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

attrdata-shenlitan​,

This hit is sent when the below app code method is called. 

Config.setPushIdentifier(token);

For example, in order to designate that a user has opted-out of push, you would call `Config.setPushIdentifier(null);`  and for true it would be the token.

Jen