Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Best way to create an audience based on user's behavior on the internet

Level 1

Hi,

I am looking for a complete digital solution to provide real time personalization to end users. Following are the two things I want to achieve:

1. Creating an audience based on data gathered in analytics. I understand we can create an audience or segment in Analytics Segmentation option, but going with this option takes 24-48 hours which will slow down the real time personalization.

2. Creating an audience based on the user's behaviorial pattern on the internet

Is there any way if we can combine the above two points and can use any of Adobe Target, Marketing cloud Audience, Audience Manager and Adobe Analytics to provide real time personalized contents to the end users based on their behaviour across the multiple sites on the internet?

Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

If you're looking for real-time personalization, I'd recommend either Audience Library or Audience Manager. As you pointed out, Analytics shared Audiences are subject to a 24-48 hour delay.

You mention you want to "create an audience based on data gathered in Analytics". Real-time Experience Cloud Audiences built in the Audience Library interface can use raw Analytics data as qualifying conditions. In fact, we recently released additional functionality into Audience Library allowing the use of props in real-time audiences. This means you can use props, eVars, and events to make a real-time audience.

Your second criteria is a bit difficult. You mentioned you'd like to base the audience on a user's behavioral pattern. The only way you can use things like pathing is via an Analytics shared segment, or what we call a Historical Audience.

I wrote a knowledge base article a few weeks ago about choosing where to create your audience. Have a look at it and let me know if you still have questions.

Audience creation options in Adobe Experience Cloud

Cheers,
Jantzen

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

If you're looking for real-time personalization, I'd recommend either Audience Library or Audience Manager. As you pointed out, Analytics shared Audiences are subject to a 24-48 hour delay.

You mention you want to "create an audience based on data gathered in Analytics". Real-time Experience Cloud Audiences built in the Audience Library interface can use raw Analytics data as qualifying conditions. In fact, we recently released additional functionality into Audience Library allowing the use of props in real-time audiences. This means you can use props, eVars, and events to make a real-time audience.

Your second criteria is a bit difficult. You mentioned you'd like to base the audience on a user's behavioral pattern. The only way you can use things like pathing is via an Analytics shared segment, or what we call a Historical Audience.

I wrote a knowledge base article a few weeks ago about choosing where to create your audience. Have a look at it and let me know if you still have questions.

Audience creation options in Adobe Experience Cloud

Cheers,
Jantzen