Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Service confirmation messages after latest release (ACS)

Level 2

Hi!

I noticed some changes in ACS service creation and according to the latest release notes, services are now attached to an event instead of a transactional template. Despite this change, is it still possible to not use subscription confirmation messages?

With the service I'm currently working on, I don't want to use an unsubscription confirmation message. However, when I delete the unsubscription confirmation, ACS says that the field is required and won't let me confirm and save the service (see my screenshot below).

acs_service.JPG

Is this some kind of a glitch or meant to be? How can I use services without using confirmation messages?

Br,

Sonja Luoto

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

FYI,

I found a workaround in case you are interested.  I created an Event that has a parameter of email address.  I didn't create/attach a transactional message to the event.  So basically an event that does nothing.  I then attached that event to the confirmation messages in the service.  I called the event I created "Send No Message" so it I know what to select in the Service definition.  It has been working fine.

John W

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi Sonja,

I'm hearing from the product team that unsubscription mechanisms are mandatory and that this is normal but let me double check specifically about the confirmation message. I'll update you today when I get more information.

Florent

Level 2

Hi,

OK, thank you, let's wait for their answer.

Level 10

Hi Sonja,

Just updating here to say that I'm still trying to get a clear answer of a possible workaround. In case this is blocking you and urgent, I'd advise also getting in touch with support to make your request more 'official'.

Will still update you when I get something.

Florent

Level 2

Hi Florent,

thanks for the update!

Correct answer by
Level 6

FYI,

I found a workaround in case you are interested.  I created an Event that has a parameter of email address.  I didn't create/attach a transactional message to the event.  So basically an event that does nothing.  I then attached that event to the confirmation messages in the service.  I called the event I created "Send No Message" so it I know what to select in the Service definition.  It has been working fine.

John W

Level 2

John W,

thanks for the workaround! Have to try this.

Level 4

Is there a plan to resolve this in a future Adobe Campaign Standard release?