Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Restricting access to a folder

Level 1

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to Campaign so potentially I'm missing a piece of configuration on this.  I'm trying to lock down access of a user to a particular folder - at the moment I'm testing on a sample user and folder but hoping to replicate this with real users.

I have gone into the operator profile, into Access Rights, checked the "Restriction to folder" checkbox and selecting my sample folder - it's a folder containing a new input form for some of our users.

When the sample user logs in again they only see that folder, which is great but when they click on it an error message pops up. restrictedFolderError.png

The folder and form can be accessed with no errors by other users so I'm guessing it's something to do with the restricted access.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Lesley,

You did it the right way. Are there other restrictions applied somewhere? maybe at the schema's level? As it seems to be a custom schema.

Can you check the schema, and maybe try with another one?

Let me know,

Florent.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Lesley,

You did it the right way. Are there other restrictions applied somewhere? maybe at the schema's level? As it seems to be a custom schema.

Can you check the schema, and maybe try with another one?

Let me know,

Florent.

Level 1

Hi Florent,

Thanks for the reply.

It is a custom schema, one I created.  I have not added any schema restrictions (that I know of!) and the user is in the administrator group so I would expect that they could see most things?

I changed the restriction to point to the Campaign Management folder to see what would happen and they can access everything ok.  I'm guessing I maybe did not create the schema or folder the input form sits in correctly in that there is something stopping it being accessed in this instance.

Lesley

Level 10

Hi Lesley,

Were you able to figure out what was the problem on this specific schema?

Let me know,

Florent

Level 1

Hi Florent,

Sorry my reply is so late - we never did find out what was wrong on this schema, but we had been using it as a test on the restricted access so decided to cut our losses rather than spending too long on it.  Deadlines, deadlines!

Thanks for your help