Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Purpose of Delivery Mode = Description in External Account

Level 1

Can you please help me understand the purpose of Delivery Mode = "Description" while creating an External Account? Is there a way that I just populate nmsBroadlogRcp table without actually sending any emails or generating any files?

Thanks

Archit

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Archit,

If I understand correctly your request, then yes, this mode is designed for non-executable deliveries, meaning that any delivery with this type of routing won't be analyzed/prepared nor sent.

For logs, I assume that you could upload logs from an external system and match them with these "Description" deliveries, but I'm unsure of what importing logs involve technically, since many things are linked when it comes to logs.

Hope this helps, let me know the result of your attempts.

Florent

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Archit,

If I understand correctly your request, then yes, this mode is designed for non-executable deliveries, meaning that any delivery with this type of routing won't be analyzed/prepared nor sent.

For logs, I assume that you could upload logs from an external system and match them with these "Description" deliveries, but I'm unsure of what importing logs involve technically, since many things are linked when it comes to logs.

Hope this helps, let me know the result of your attempts.

Florent

Level 1
Would you be able to point me to the documentation around various values that can be associated with Delivery Mode?

Level 1
Is there a way to configure a delivery to enter data into the broadlog, so we have a record of marketing to the recipient, but we dont actually generate an email because we use a 3rd part email vendor