Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Maximum number of deliveries in cumulative reports

Level 1

Hi there,

I am encountering difficulties when I start selecting a big number of deliveries and then press a specific report.

By specific report I reffer to "URL's and click streams" and/or "Breakdown of opens".

Big number, from what I experienced, is bigger than 145.

When I click on the report button after selection nothing happens.

The question is the following: "is there a standard maximum number of deliveries that need to be selected for the reports to work?" (assuming that after the selection is made the report icons are still there and clickable)

Thank you in advance for your support,

Nick

ps: I am using Adobe Campaign v6.1.1 build 8770

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hello Florent,

Yes I confirm such a limitation, existing for many years (I knew it in 2011/v4.0).

To my mind when I did a bit of analysis, it was due to the parameter size length exceeding the supported max value.

When you select many deliveries, the different delivery ids are put as a parameter by concatenation.
And either the Javascript function paramert exceed either the value length defined, or the browser limitations for URL length, I don't remember exactly which was the reason, one of both.

Anyway, IMO it is a best practice to split the deliveries in several folders for accurate analysis and/or manipulation/management, and select a few lines.

Regards
J-Serge

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Nick,

I am not aware of such a limitation. I'd advise to directly ask support, unless another expert here knows more about it.

Florent

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hello Florent,

Yes I confirm such a limitation, existing for many years (I knew it in 2011/v4.0).

To my mind when I did a bit of analysis, it was due to the parameter size length exceeding the supported max value.

When you select many deliveries, the different delivery ids are put as a parameter by concatenation.
And either the Javascript function paramert exceed either the value length defined, or the browser limitations for URL length, I don't remember exactly which was the reason, one of both.

Anyway, IMO it is a best practice to split the deliveries in several folders for accurate analysis and/or manipulation/management, and select a few lines.

Regards
J-Serge

Level 1

Hi Florent,

Thank you for your advice.

Regards,

Nick

Level 1

Hi Serge,

Thank you for the information, I will keep this in mind and try to dig a bit into it to figure out which is it.

Indeed the practice we have is to split them into folders - good tip.

Regards,

Nick

Level 10

Hi Nick,

Did you figure out a way to solve this?

Florent

Level 1

Hi Florent,

At this moment I did not manage to get a clear result.

I'll update this with more information as I get it.

Regards and happy new year.

Nick