Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Is list of valid values case sensitive in custom resource , hence fails to update valid values in a column?

Level 4

Hi All,

I have configured a field name CUSTOMER_TYPE with valid values "PERSON" and "LEGAL" in custom resource (linked to profile table) and imported the column values via an import workflow. Imported file contains CUSTOMER_TYPE valid values as "Person" and "Legal". Update activity is configured correctly.

Although this workflow does not error out, It fails to update CUSTOMER_TYPE column values "Person" & "Legal" from imported file in profile table.

Is it because :

• Custom resource values and file value should be an exact match considering case sensitivity? 
  • Are valid values case sensitive and hence fails to update profile table ?

Thanks,

Rutuja Kelkar

https://www.linkedin.com/in/rutuja-kelkar/

https://twitter.com/therutujakelkar

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Rut7 

Yes the value in the Enumeration is case sensitive and "Personal" is not the same as "personal"...

The best practice of data loading (and it's not Adobe specific) is to lower all String values that are used as a reference to other resources or enumeration..You also should lower the email addresses too by the way.

For enumeration, i would not expect the update to fail but you would have an error on the UI level. But things might have channed. What update error message have you got?

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Denis

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Rut7 

Yes the value in the Enumeration is case sensitive and "Personal" is not the same as "personal"...

The best practice of data loading (and it's not Adobe specific) is to lower all String values that are used as a reference to other resources or enumeration..You also should lower the email addresses too by the way.

For enumeration, i would not expect the update to fail but you would have an error on the UI level. But things might have channed. What update error message have you got?

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Denis

Level 4

@Denis_Bozonnet 

Hi Denis,

Thank you for your help, Great solution

There is no update activity error, logs showed : all rows processed and updated successfully, although values were not updating in table + query fetch showed zero records for CUSTOMER_TYPE.

I re-configured the customer resource to set values "Person" and "Legal" (considering case sensitivity) and ran the import workflow.

Values are reflecting in profile table, also fetching in query now with correct number of records as expected