Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Import users to Service from CSV. Need to create Profiles first?

Level 4

I have a CSV file of email addresses that I want to import into Campaign.  I've setup a Workflow to import users from this CSV, but it seems like it won't actually subscribe anyone to the Service unless they already have a Profile in our Campaign account. Do I need to import them first as Profiles, then run the Workflow to subscribe them to the service?  Where do you Import users as Profiles if not through a Workflow?  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

the subscription indeed only works for profiles in the Campaign database.

So for importing new users, you first need to create the profile and afterwards you can assign it to the service

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hello,

Please take a look at the documentation below that details how to add profiles and subscribe them to a service.

Subscription Services:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/managing-processes-and-data/data-man...

And if you are looking for other methods of creating/importing profiles take a look at the documentation below.

Methods for creating profiles:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/profiles-and-audiences/managing-prof...

Level 4

Thank you!  This was actually the documentation I was following already:  https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/managing-processes-and-data/data-man...

The part I'm unclear about is whether or not this process will only work for Profiles that already exist in our Campaign database?  Will this process create new profiles, then subscribe them to the service?

So far I've only been able to get it to work on email addresses that already have a Profile setup in Campaign.  

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

the subscription indeed only works for profiles in the Campaign database.

So for importing new users, you first need to create the profile and afterwards you can assign it to the service

Level 1

Is creating a new 'Workflow' (Resources -> Templates -> Workflow Templates) the only way to bulk import Profiles?  Will an 'Import Template' also work?  

It seems like I don't have the proper credentials to create a Workflow Template or Import Template.  I don't have a 'Create' button. Is there a specific access level needed to create these templates? I'm pretty sure I'm an administrator so I'm surprised I can't create templates.  

Administrator

Hi @Craig_Thonis & @ramon_bisswanger,

Can one of you please help @user01245 with their query?

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Employee Advisor

FOr bulk imports any workflow is needed, not necessarily an import template or workflow template.

The template view has no create buttons, that's right.

Though you can hover over an existing template / click the ... icon (depending on browser) and then choose duplicate to create a new one