Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

ACS - History in days and Transfer File

Level 3

Hi all,

in 20.3 new release, I found this point:
Files downloaded with a Transfer File activity will now be deleted after X days, where X is determined by the History in days field under the Execution menu in the Workflow properties.

I don't understand if this means that the files will be deleted after X days from External Systems (SFTP, Azure Blob, ...) or just from the temporary tables of Campaign.

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @LiviaD1 ,

As per the change log, which ever file is being pulled by the File transfer Activity. Only that file will be deleted after x days.

For Example. If you are picking a file from SFTP and copying it on your instance then once that file is consumed for your purpose. Then that file will be deleted after X days.

Let me know if that helps.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @LiviaD1 ,

As per the change log, which ever file is being pulled by the File transfer Activity. Only that file will be deleted after x days.

For Example. If you are picking a file from SFTP and copying it on your instance then once that file is consumed for your purpose. Then that file will be deleted after X days.

Let me know if that helps.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 3

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_ thank you.

Suppose that we want to upload some promo codes that are new every day. These codes are in a file whose name is always the same (for example "PromoCodes" without any timestamp). 

How does this new funcionality work in a situation like this?

I mean, probably there is the risk that the file will be deleted before the new daily import, because X days were passed from the first import of this file.

Or does Campaign recognize that the file is different from the first upload, even if it has the same name?

Thanks

Community Advisor
Yes, the campaign recognize the file with last modified/created date attributes available in the file system,

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 3
So the count of X days before delete will be reset based on the last modified attribute?

Community Advisor
It will de decided on the basis on when the file was processed by the activity. If you are using the same file name then it will be process everyday right? So the processed date will be updated. So your file will not be deleted unless the processing/execution day of that file is greater then the X days

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn