Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Who received the text version?

Level 2

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if it's possible to see how many people in the database will receive the text version when the email is sent, and how many people has received the text version once the email is sent. 

Is there any field I can look at?

Thanks!

Clara

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

You can't know precisely unfortunately:
1- when decided at client mail (so most of the time) level, then you can imagine than more of 99% of your recipient recieved the HTML version: it's hard today to find an email client that let you decide which email version it will display
2- the only way to have a correct estimation is to count the numbers of clicks in the tracking dedicated to the text version and compare it to the HTML version: there is no "open tracking" method with the text version... And today, even for HTML, open tracking is less and less reliable (iOS15 feature, gmail long mail feature, etc)

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @cbalaguer,

If the emailFormat is captured in nms:recipient schema for recipients and the delivery is configured accordingly, then it will give you an idea of how many will get html or text version.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/sending-messages/sending-emails/sendi...

I am not exactly sure how to know the format delivered to the recipient. If the "Mail Formats" in delivery is selected as "Let recipient mail client choose the most appropriate format",  The format displayed on reception depends on the configuration of the recipient’s mail software (multipart-alternative).

Cheers,

Deb

Level 2

Hi @Deb_Tripathy ,

Thanks for your reply. I've tried what you suggested but everyone in the database has an email format "unknown". Do you know if there is another field I can look into?

Thanks for your help on this!

Clara

Community Advisor

Hi @cbalaguer ,

If it is "unknown", then the format is decided by recipient’s mail software.

I will let you know if found any way to figure out the delivered format.

Cheers,

Deb

Correct answer by
Level 6

You can't know precisely unfortunately:
1- when decided at client mail (so most of the time) level, then you can imagine than more of 99% of your recipient recieved the HTML version: it's hard today to find an email client that let you decide which email version it will display
2- the only way to have a correct estimation is to count the numbers of clicks in the tracking dedicated to the text version and compare it to the HTML version: there is no "open tracking" method with the text version... And today, even for HTML, open tracking is less and less reliable (iOS15 feature, gmail long mail feature, etc)

Level 2

Hi @LaurentLam 

Thank you so much for your reply. I will take those comments into account and will let my client know.

Administrator

Hi @cbalaguer,

Were you able to resolve this query with the help of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.
Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 2

Hi @Sukrity_Wadhwa ,

Since my "email format" field wasn't configured, I couldn't really see who was receiving text versions, but I shared with my client Laurent's comment, so yes, I would say this is resolved

Thanks