Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Tracking Field Definitions

Level 2

Hello!

We're trying to put together a data dictionary to standardize reporting across all efforts and platforms. I cannot find exact definitions of data fields in the Recipient tracking logs and standard reports.

Can anyone define how these are calculated (i.e. does it include opt-out clicks, mirror clicks, etc.)?

• Recipient Open
  • Recipient Click
  • I believe these are the same as above, but sometimes there are insignificant differences, so adding here as well:
    • Distinct Opens for the population reached in Tracking Indicators Report
    • Distinct Clicks for the populations reached in Tracking Indicators Report

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hello saraw71774576​,

Yes, there will be a slight change always.

Recipient Opens: Number of distinct targeted recipients for this domain who have opened a message at least once. The rate is calculated based on the total number of messages sent on this domain.

Recipient Clicks: Number of distinct targeted recipients who clicked in the same delivery at least once. The rate is calculated based on the total number of messages sent on this domain.

Distinct Opens for the population reached in Tracking Indicators Report:

Ans:Estimation of the number of targeted recipients and forwared emails (person/people) having opened a message at least once. Clicks on unsubscription links and mirror pages are taken into account.

Distinct clicks for the population reached in Tracking Indicators Report:

Ans:Number of distinct people having clicked in a delivery at least once.

For more details, please click here Reports on deliveries

Regards,

Venu

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hello saraw71774576​,

Yes, there will be a slight change always.

Recipient Opens: Number of distinct targeted recipients for this domain who have opened a message at least once. The rate is calculated based on the total number of messages sent on this domain.

Recipient Clicks: Number of distinct targeted recipients who clicked in the same delivery at least once. The rate is calculated based on the total number of messages sent on this domain.

Distinct Opens for the population reached in Tracking Indicators Report:

Ans:Estimation of the number of targeted recipients and forwared emails (person/people) having opened a message at least once. Clicks on unsubscription links and mirror pages are taken into account.

Distinct clicks for the population reached in Tracking Indicators Report:

Ans:Number of distinct people having clicked in a delivery at least once.

For more details, please click here Reports on deliveries

Regards,

Venu

Level 3

Hi 

Is it correct that the @RecipientOpen field is calculated based on the unique clicks?

As any click equals an open ?

I'm asking because I'm currently having an issue where my @TotalRecipientOpen (= total count) is WAY less than my @RecipientOpen (= recipients who have opened). Also when I check the actual tracking logs for opens the number matches the @TotalRecipientOpen and not the @RecipientOpen.

As you can see in the screenshot the @RecipientOpen makes more sense if you look at the number of clicks I have.

Screenshot 2020-01-20 at 16.06.12.png

Any clue where this difference is coming from?

Thanks!

Leonie