Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Trace Viewer and Campaign Client

Level 9

Has anyone got the how-to on using Trace Viewer to debug the Campaign Client SOAP calls?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Darren_Bowers ,

check Fiddler instead of Trace View. It should access traffic behind HTTPS but I haven't tried.

https://helpx.adobe.com/campaign/kb/soap-traffic-fiddler.html

Regards,

Milan

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Darren_Bowers ,

check Fiddler instead of Trace View. It should access traffic behind HTTPS but I haven't tried.

https://helpx.adobe.com/campaign/kb/soap-traffic-fiddler.html

Regards,

Milan

Level 9
Thanks Milan - I tried that page but the version of Fiddler that the page points to no longer seems to have Rules. Couldnt find an older version to use. Also, our instances are not local and use HTTPS which I dont have the private key for, so I doubt I would be able to decode the traffic. From memory, Trace Viewer just works but I can't remember the commands in Campaign to enable debug mode.

Level 9
Ok I found the correct download on their website and it works fine. The Rule instructions only seem to be for local instances, not remote instances. Cheers!

Level 9

The lost instructions on how to make TraceViewer work are below.

Note: to get the application, just download any version of the server and unzip it locally. It doesnt have to come from the actual server.

1.) Open TraceView application under <Server-Installation-Directory>\bin\tools --> traceview.exe
2.) Now go to the Campaign client instance where you are working and press "Shift + F3"
3.) Perform any activity on the instance.
4.) Now go back to TraceView tool and you'll see the SOAP data coming in.
Be aware TraceViewer app is in français only, but a quick google translate will tell you what the options are