Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Split Activity - Compliments giving low counts than expected

CSLTGUPTAA
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, 

I am facing one issue in my Split activity, "Compliments" giving low number of records than as expected. 

IF I put another subset, then this is also giving low number of records than as expected. 

 

FYI - Only first set of record counts comes in right way. 

Can you please suggest what could be root cause and how to fix this? If you need any more details  please let me know. , thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution
Milan_Vucetic
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Hi @CSLTGUPTAA

The complement is the inbound target minus the union of the subsets. For this option to work correctly, the inbound data must have a primary key therefore check if you have it.

Regards,

Milan

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Prem_Kumar_Gane
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, 

Could you please share the screenshot of population before the split and split results 

Thanks,

Prem Kumar Ganesan

CSLTGUPTAA
Level 2
Level 2
hi Prem, thanks for quick response. this problem is fixed.
Milan_Vucetic
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Hi @CSLTGUPTAA

The complement is the inbound target minus the union of the subsets. For this option to work correctly, the inbound data must have a primary key therefore check if you have it.

Regards,

Milan

View solution in original post

Darren_Bowers
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Hi @CSLTGUPTAA - we had something similar to this happen recently and its under investigation by Adobe. When we had a filtering dimension that was different (but related) to our targeting dimension, a simple split (random 50% + Compliment) would not split correctly - there were always targets missing in the compliment.

The only way we got it to work properly was to use the same filtering dimension as the targeting dimension, do the 50/50 split then change dimension after the split.

Cheers Darren