We would like to hash certain data in our recipients table, but do notice that the returned hash isn't the right one when we use the SHA256 or SHA512 expression. For MD5 the returned result is however the right one.
We've checked the conversion in numerous ways (cf. https://dencode.com/hash --> UTF8, UTF16, ... CRLF, LF, ...) and investigated a lot of deviations (capitals vs regular letter, spaces, ...) already.
Based on new offline feedback we got, we concluded that Adobe Campaign is adding "N" in front of the string value before hashing it. It does this for each unicode string. The result is a different hash than expected.