Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Set up Tracking / Redirection Server

Level 2

Hi all,

I’m currently trying to set up Campaign Classic. Everything is hosted on premise on RHEL 8.

Not I’m quite a bit confused about how to set up the redirection and tracking. So following, I describe the current setup and my understanding of it. Please let me know if anything it not configured correctly or I’m making false assumptions.

Campaign App-Server is running the following processes:

• mta
  • wfserver
  • inMail
  • stat

In Deployment Wizard on step „Tracking configuration“, I’ve entered the internal URLs of the two Campaign Frontal-Servers and successfully connected as described on (1)

MTA is using a SMTP relay to send out mails.

Two Campaign Frontal-Servers are running the following processes:

• web
  • tracking
  • trackinglogd

One Apache per Frontal-Server is configured as described on (2)

With such setup I face the following problems:

• When running „nlserver pdump“ on the two Campaign Frontal-Servers, the tracking process is not listed and therefore not running. But I’m also not able to find any information in logs on why it does not start. In serverConfig.xml, autostart is set to true for tracking.
  • When sending out emails, all links are properly rewritten to <externalUrl>/r/<id> . But when clicking any of such links, I get a 404
  • When running „GET /r/test“ on the Apaches as stated on (2), I’m getting a 404 as well. I don’t see any mapping in the apache config for a path like /r/. Is this done by the apache module that needs to be loaded? Furthermore, on (3) -> Logical application layer -> Redirection server , I found the Information that the Apache redirection module is only available on Windows. If that is true, then why are there instructions on (2) on how to set it up on RHEL? I’m a bit confused here…

Would be great if someone could give some hints on what I’m missing or doing wrong here. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks and BR

Sebastian

1. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/installing-campaign-classic/initial-c...
  2. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/installing-campaign-classic/installin...
  3. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/installing-campaign-classic/architect...
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Sebastian,

For Tracking enablement .. what we followed was :- 

1) In App Server - Create the tracking password .

2)In App Server - Register the tracking server from deployment wizard. 

3) In App Server - Approve and validate post registration. 

4) In Frontals - provide the external and internal URL. 

5) Reload the config and restart the application. 

Thanks,
Adithya

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Sebastian,

For Tracking enablement .. what we followed was :- 

1) In App Server - Create the tracking password .

2)In App Server - Register the tracking server from deployment wizard. 

3) In App Server - Approve and validate post registration. 

4) In Frontals - provide the external and internal URL. 

5) Reload the config and restart the application. 

Thanks,
Adithya