Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Sendind and .ics calendar invite in an SMS

Level 1

We are wanting to send an .ics calendar invite in an SMS.  I have researched this before for email, but never implemented it. So I am not sure how that would work for an SMS.  Has any one had luck doing that and maybe could point me in a direction to get this implimented?

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, you can send it via a URL. Also, you will have to shorten the URL before using it in delivery.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @mrryantye 

SMS is for text content only. You cannot send an attachment with an SMS.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 1

Why couldnt we use the same principles they have here for email, and just create a url to link to the .ics that when a person clicks said link they could have that file download and add the .ics to their calendar?

https://www.litmus.com/blog/how-to-create-an-add-to-calendar-link-for-your-emails

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, you can send it via a URL. Also, you will have to shorten the URL before using it in delivery.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 1

Awesome. So just like any other URL, just create the .ics and host it somewhere where it is accessible via a url and make it “public” so anyone who gets it can access it, then shorten the URL and we should be good!  

thanks.