Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Renaming Folders

Level 3

Hi all,

I have an operator group that's allowed access to only one folder just under the root path (e.g. /myfolder1) . Everything is running fine, but there is a recent push to organise all the different base folder names to standardise them so i renamed it to something more descriptive /My Folder 1/. Unfortunately, all operators in the operator group that had only access to this one folder is showing an access denied error on login. Users with access to other folders are able to log in with no problems and can see the updates to the folder name.

The client console seems to be trying to match against the old fullName of the folder and so couldn't pick up the contents of the renamed folder. To be clear, I'm only updating the folder's label, and not the internal name.

1801639_pastedImage_0.png

Is there a way for me to safely rename these folders without causing login issues to users?

Thanks,

Erik

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

This was caused by how the operators were created. When the admin first created the operator accounts, they had set the folder restriction on a per user level instead of applying group level permissions. For some reason, renaming the folders breaks these permissions and the operator accounts need to be updated, and the folder re-selected for it to work again.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 3

This was caused by how the operators were created. When the admin first created the operator accounts, they had set the folder restriction on a per user level instead of applying group level permissions. For some reason, renaming the folders breaks these permissions and the operator accounts need to be updated, and the folder re-selected for it to work again.