Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

"Personalization fields" How to reference them in deliveries?

Level 4

Hi all! 

I want to create global data points for business critical data that can be controlled at 1 place and referenced by all deliveries (easy enough) 

However, I am looking for the optimal way to achieve this. 

I found a feature called "personalization fields" just under "Personalization blocks" which seems to be a simple way to store global "key=value" attributes which is basically what I am looking for. Now comes the question. How do I reference these in a delivery??? 

I know I can achieve the same using options but this comes more from a curiousity standpoint as well.

See image for reference: 

SorenDahk_0-1655293941306.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Based on the documentation any new field you add to be a Personalization Field will be available within the delivery in the same manner as the standard recipient based personalization fields.  I would recommend a quick test of creating a delivery and seeing if your newly added test personalization field appears in the dropdown as outlined in the second document Craig pointed to above.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Soren,

Have you checked out the documentation on the personalization fields and personalization blocks below?

Personalization Blocks:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/sending-messages/personalizing-delive...

Personalization Fields:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/sending-messages/personalizing-delive...

Both include instructions and tutorial videos which I should be helpful.

Regards,

Craig

Level 4

Hi Craig. 
Yes - Unfortunately it does not really help. I am not talking about recipient related fields such as "firstname" or "lastname" I am talking about the specific feature in ACC called "personalization fields" which is not the same as inserting <%=recipient.firstname%> 

The documentation does not mention anything about this feature. It only talks about personalisation blocks.

Please refer to the image attached for reference  

Correct answer by
Employee

Based on the documentation any new field you add to be a Personalization Field will be available within the delivery in the same manner as the standard recipient based personalization fields.  I would recommend a quick test of creating a delivery and seeing if your newly added test personalization field appears in the dropdown as outlined in the second document Craig pointed to above.