Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Need Help changing language in ACC Client

Level 2

When trying to install the ACC Client 'setup-client-7.0.8981' I accidentally selected French. Now, even when I quit and restart the installer, it only shows french. How do I change this? I love the french, but I can't read much of it. Thanks for the help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Hi, after another test, I confirm that the installation lang is linked with the instance locale (<userInfo instanceLocale="xx-YY"/>). It's defined into the config-instanceName.xml(serverconf > shared > datastore@lang value), so if you "force" the lang into the registry and that corresponds to the instance lang, it should be ok. Another thing : the registry entry also seems to follow the operator @locale attribute. So it should not be necessary to change the registry (if no access), but by "forcing" the locale for the operator (with "English (US)" for example), connecting / disconnecting / closing the console, it could resolve the foreign language.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 7

Hi,

Campaign language is selected while creating an instance and unfortunately it cannot be changed later on.

Regards,

Anita

Level 2

I understand an instance cannot be changed. We are using the Adobe hosted instance. It is in English. I am talking about the local client console application that I install on my machine. I was able to find the .fra language file after finishing the install, and remove it. This helped with the app, but only temporarily. Any new installs will break. I know that the installer is simply saving a file somewhere on my computer that it is referencing. I just need to know where it is, so that I can remove it before the next install. I looked in %appdata% and %temp% to no avail.

Level 7

Hi,

Can you please check C-drive on your local .

Here is the screenshot of the path and all the folders/set up file which are created while installing the client console.

IMG_9274.JPG

Try deleting all of these and then start fresh.

Let me know how you go.

Regards,

Anita

Level 2

Yea. This path is where I removed the french language file after the install in french. I also had to rename all of the start menu shortcuts.

Level 1

Hey mxfanatic

Where you successful in changing this language back to English? One of my teammates made the same mistake and we are trying to unblock him from French to English.

Any guidance on what you did would be great.

Community Advisor

Hi,

Try with removing Neolane folder from your local machine.

Path:

C:\Users\<userName>\AppData\Roaming\Neolane

Delete Neolane folder, uninstall neolane and then try to install Client Console Again.

Thanks.

Level 1

Hi, the removal of C:\Users\<userName>\AppData\Roaming\Neolane didn't help.

After removal, the following installation of the Client Console v7 did't ask for language.

Level 4

Did you found solution for the same ? 

Community Advisor

Hi,

First, this is not a very clever solution, but it's the easier and faster. Here what you can do if you're stuck in another language than english :

Go to the "bin" folder of your console installation (you'll find the "nlclient.exe" file, not the parent one with "setup.exe"). Just change the name of the "lang" folder (for example, rename it as "lang--").

Restart the console, and voila.

This won't change the default language of the console, but it won't find the necessary translation files  (and the exec program is in english by default) so it will run in english.

This won't solve the problem if you want another language (de, jpn or fr). In this case, the real and clean solution (and for advanced user) is to change a Windows registry entry. Launch "regedit" program (Windows+R shortcut), and the key is easy to find :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Neolane\NL_5

Double clic on the "Language" entry on the right and change it to "eng" for english (I suppose), "fra" for french, "jpn" for japanese or "deu" for german.

But as we all know, it can be difficult to access to the registry (security policies, user rights etc.), so I do not know if it works, but at least, if the 2 solutions above are not ok for you, you can try to backup the file from the "%USER-FOLDER%\AppData\Roaming\Neolane\NL_5" folder, run the "setup.exe" program, remove the console, then re-install the console. I don't know if it clears the registry (maybe reboot the system bettween uninstall et install ??) but you can give it a try. To complete, if the \AppData\Roaming\Neolane\NL_5 folder have been clear (connexions and cache), replace it with the backup you made before.

Hope this could help in the future.

Cedric

Community Advisor
Hmmm, I don't understand why, the second solution I gave (and the smart one) use to work for my 2-3 first tests, and now it seems that my console returns to the server language when I connect to it. Whenever I change to another lang (for example Japanese), the login interface starts in japanese, but when I login to my french instance, it return in french. I'm pretty sure to had the console logged in japanese, english then in german (to check the registry entry value), but It doesn't work anymore for me, and I don't know if it comes from the server language (because it changes only when I connect) or the default console installation language... Sorry if it doesn't work for you.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Hi, after another test, I confirm that the installation lang is linked with the instance locale (<userInfo instanceLocale="xx-YY"/>). It's defined into the config-instanceName.xml(serverconf > shared > datastore@lang value), so if you "force" the lang into the registry and that corresponds to the instance lang, it should be ok. Another thing : the registry entry also seems to follow the operator @locale attribute. So it should not be necessary to change the registry (if no access), but by "forcing" the locale for the operator (with "English (US)" for example), connecting / disconnecting / closing the console, it could resolve the foreign language.