Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Managing dynamic recipient emails id's for Email communication

Level 2

Hello,

We work on data extraction for service campaigns and send out the communication to respective stake holders intimating file details, location etc using Alerts/Delivery step. List will keep on increasing if we keep on adding separate operator group for each communication. What is the best way to store the recipient lists so that we can fetch it dynamically instead of selecting from operator/operator group list? 

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @Data_guy ,

From what I understand, I guess you have following options:

1. If recipients of alert do require access to Adobe, you should need to create operator anyway. You may name the operators with any grouping pattern to identify them in a query and then send delivery to matching operators.
  2. If recipients of alert are employees of your company and of different department, create a group mail by raising a request to your company system admin and then create an operator without any rights in Adobe Campaign. This way, new recipients could be added to the same group email. So additions/deletion would have to be managed by your system admin.
  3. Create a separate table in Adobe campaign to manage the operators. Creating a custom target mapping would enable you to send email delivery from the new table.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Not clear on the question. Are you trying to send a delivery to multiple operator groups?

If so the easiest way is to use a Query activity with a defined set of (operator group = x or operator group = y or ...) predicates, or with an in() operator for more of a maintenance challenge.

If the list of operators depends on the delivery(?) then skip the Query and define the population in the delivery template itself (To: field).

Thanks,

-Jon

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @Data_guy ,

From what I understand, I guess you have following options:

1. If recipients of alert do require access to Adobe, you should need to create operator anyway. You may name the operators with any grouping pattern to identify them in a query and then send delivery to matching operators.
  2. If recipients of alert are employees of your company and of different department, create a group mail by raising a request to your company system admin and then create an operator without any rights in Adobe Campaign. This way, new recipients could be added to the same group email. So additions/deletion would have to be managed by your system admin.
  3. Create a separate table in Adobe campaign to manage the operators. Creating a custom target mapping would enable you to send email delivery from the new table.

Level 2
Thanks for the response. Recipients don't have access to adobe.

Level 4
Then you may take the option3 to send delivery. You could create a custom schema for keeping the stakeholder emails and any other information required to identify stakeholders of each delivery. If there will be many stakeholders added frequently, you can create a workflow to update the details in the new table from may be a CSV file. Then you would need to create a custom target mapping for the new schema and specify that target mapping in your delivery. Creating custom target mapping have been explained in this link : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/configuring-campaign-classic/use-a-cu.... Hope it helps.

Administrator

Hi @Data_guy,

Were any of the given solutions helpful to resolve your query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa