Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Intercept system workflow supervisor alerts

Level 9

I am in the process of setting up Slack webhooks for all of our Campaign alerting. However, I can't find if its possible to intercept any alerts generated to the workflow supervisor. It looks like they are generated directly by the server and not processed in any workflows.

Right now, the only way I have to find failed workflows and send alerts is polling the nl.monitoring API which seems a bit hacky.

Can someone confirm if you can intercept the workflow supervisor alerts?

Thanks

Darren

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

If you want hacky you can create a control typology and assign it to the alert delivery template :).

Otherwise send to a local postfix instance or similar and process from there.

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

If you want hacky you can create a control typology and assign it to the alert delivery template :).

Otherwise send to a local postfix instance or similar and process from there.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 9
Thanks Jon - nice idea. Let me have play with it and see what I can get working. Slack also allows email integration so I can just push the alert messages directly into a Slack channel so I'm invetigating that as well. Cheers Darren

Level 9
Hi Jon - the typology hack definitely works. Added a Delivery Code to the built-in template so I could find it. Do you have any idea how to get access to the dataSource data from within the typology code? Cheers Darren

Administrator

Hi @Darren_Bowers,

Do you need more help here or was Jon's suggestion helpful? Do share your solution in case you were able to solve this.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 9
Hi @Sukrity_Wadhwa - I havent actually had a chance to test this out yet. I'll try to post something up when I do get a chance