Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

instance.vars.foo in Delivery activity

Level 4

Hi All,

I have some doubts related to using variables inside delivery activity. I know how to do it using Enrichment and <%= targetData.foo %> in delivery. But I have some questions about other methods:

1) Let's assume that I have declared variable instance.vars.foo="foo" at the beginning of my workflow in JS activity. Why I can simply use <%= instance.vars.foo %> inside Alert activity (in technical workflow) and it works fine, but I can't use it in Delivery activity (in campaign workflow)? Returned error: "JST-#ID# Error while compiling script 'content htmlContent' line 4: instance is not defined. SCR-#ID# JavaScript: error while evaluating script 'content htmlContent'."

2) I have tried set up variable in Delivery/Properties/Variables. I used $(instance/vars/@foo) as an expression. But delivery failed again (error: "Unable to parse expression '$([instance/vars/foo])'. XTK-170018 Parameter of query '[instance/vars/foo]' is not defined in current context."). Any Idea why?

3) How can I assign instance.vars.foo to the variable in Delivery/Properties/Variables? I'm using Recurring delivery, so there is no Initialization Script tab in Properties.

I will appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Marcin

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

- Why I can simply use <%= instance.vars.foo %> inside Alert activity (in technical workflow) and it works fine, but I can't use it in Delivery activity (in campaign workflow)?

Different activities.

- There is no Initialization Script tab in Recurring delivery. How can I assign instance.vars.foo to the variable in Delivery/Properties/Variables?

Assign in a js activity before recurring delivery.

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Add vars to the delivery in the Variables tab of the delivery's Properties dialog.

These are available in the workflow and the delivery as delivery.variables._var[] and variables.varname respectively.

Map one to the other in a js activity or the delivery's init script, e.g. after creating properties var named foobar:

Init script: delivery.variables._var[0] = instance.vars.foo;

Then in delivery: <%= variables.foobar %>

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 4

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your input. As I mentioned in my post, I'm aware of this solution. My questions are:

- Why I can simply use <%= instance.vars.foo %> inside Alert activity (in technical workflow) and it works fine, but I can't use it in Delivery activity (in campaign workflow)?

- There is no Initialization Script tab in Recurring delivery. How can I assign instance.vars.foo to the variable in Delivery/Properties/Variables?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Different activities.

Assign in a js activity before recurring delivery.

Thanks,

-Jon