Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Identifying Apple Mail Users

Level 2

We currently use analytics providers to identify and report on which of our Adobe Campaign (v7) customers open their emails on Apple Mail. Is there a way to identify these same customers through Adobe Campaign?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @paul_wotton Yes, There is no obvious way to identity the apple mail users. We can just try by using the device and the os family. With the recent changes in the apply privacy it is more difficult to identify the customers with this data.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @paul_wotton 

You can check the user agent in the tracking logs to get the information on the clients used by the recipients.

Here is the screenshot for your reference.

_Manoj_Kumar_0-1631715866069.png

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2

Thanks @Manoj_Kumar_ 

From looking at all of the userAgent fields there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to identify Apple Mail users. Therefore how would you use these fields to identify these customers, eg where device = iphone and operating system family = iOS. In this example the customer could still be using an email client that isn't Apple Mail, so is there a way to be more specific?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @paul_wotton Yes, There is no obvious way to identity the apple mail users. We can just try by using the device and the os family. With the recent changes in the apply privacy it is more difficult to identify the customers with this data.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 6

hello @paul_wotton 
In fact, today it's not so difficult for the moment:

1- send a proof email (without any image inside but activate the open tracking feature) to an address configured in an iOS15 iPhone/iPad configured with the email privacy

2- open the email on your iOS15 device

3- in Adobe Campaign, execute the tracking technical workflow in order to retrieve trackings

4- open the delivery from point 1 and go in the tracking tab in order to check that you have an open tracking that has been triggered

5- add the nmsUserAgent columns @browserIcon, @browserVersion, @hashkey

(if needed, for future development, create a neolane option and save in it the @hashkey)
6- as this hashkey is an id to distinguish the apple proxy server, you can just exclude it from your targetting / aggregate calculation by filtering this value from @userAgent attribute at nmsTrackingLogRcp (for performance reason)