Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How do I track the behavior of my control group?

Level 1

Hi! I have managed to activate a control group within adobe campaign and can see the control group on my dashboard. So now when I send my email I have a target group that I do approach (target) and a target group that I do not approach (control). But does anyone know whether it is possible to recognize the two target groups in an analysis/report (so post-delivery) and to see results from both target groups? As I would like to see if my campaign has made a difference. Thus, how do I track the behavior of my control group? 

I assume it should be possible to see if there is a difference in results between the target group and control group. But where (and how) do I find this? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

I am not sure I understand the scope of your inquiry.

Since control group recipients are excluded form a delivery, they will not receive any campaign messages, so there is no direct tracking that can be done for that population.

What you can do, is to identify the excluded population by setting up delivery logs query with status = Ignored and controlGroupMember = Yes, and determine if that population did or did not perform similarly with the targeted campaign population.

Hope this helps,

Ionut

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

I am not sure I understand the scope of your inquiry.

Since control group recipients are excluded form a delivery, they will not receive any campaign messages, so there is no direct tracking that can be done for that population.

What you can do, is to identify the excluded population by setting up delivery logs query with status = Ignored and controlGroupMember = Yes, and determine if that population did or did not perform similarly with the targeted campaign population.

Hope this helps,

Ionut

Level 1

Yes this is what I was searching for. Thank you!