Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Facing error while sending an calculated attachment in the delivery?

Level 7

Hello Folks,

I am trying to send an file present over server location as an attachment in recurring delivery, but facing an error. Below are the activities that i configured in workflow:

Scheduler -> Query (Get Required Information) -> Data Extraction (Extracting to Server Location) -> Delivery Activity (Chosen a delivery template) -> End

I created a template with some content, target population specified and configured an attachment (Calculated Attachment). Provided the same server path where the file resides. But seems like it is not working as expected, do we need to provide some permissions to campaign on the directory. Because this directory has some access restrictions.

Please help!

Regards,

Sri Bhargav

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Sri,

If i understand you want to send to an operator the bounced email?

• If yes, i recommend to use a constant file name and add your personalization in the subject line or content (see screenshot below)

1733813_pastedImage_0.png

• otherwise you can add attachment in delivery with the code below if you want the filename with the date

delivery.attachment.add(

<attachment compressMode="print" filterActive="false" label="YOUR FILENAME"

nameScriptActive="false" type="normal" upload="false">

<name>{vars.filename}</name>

</attachment>)

delivery.hasAttachments = true

Thanks

David

David Kangni

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 7

Thanks Venu, seems like same issue i am facing.

Will try out the possibilities present in the link shared.

Regards,

Sri Bhargav

Community Advisor

Hi,

For the calculated attachment, your sample need to be on the MTA server plus you need to have the rights to Read, Write Delete on the server otherwise the process will error out.

The work around is to generate the attachment on a server exposed publicly and append the url in your delivery. Campaign will the download the attachment during the email preparation.

Thanks

David Kangni

Level 7

Hi David,

Thanks for your input!

Yes seems like there are some restrictions imposed where campaign couldn't able to access the particular location and get the file during delivery analysis.

Could you please help me how to configure the server URL is it directly giving the URL along with file name or do we need to do any amendments to it?

I am trying to provide this path:

\\prod-ac-mailing-server....com\var\AC\outbound\BounceBackInformation\Email_Bounce_Report_<%= formatDate(new Date(), "%4Y-%2M-%2D %2H%2N%2S") %>.csv

Regards,

Sri Bhargav

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Sri,

If i understand you want to send to an operator the bounced email?

• If yes, i recommend to use a constant file name and add your personalization in the subject line or content (see screenshot below)

1733813_pastedImage_0.png

• otherwise you can add attachment in delivery with the code below if you want the filename with the date

delivery.attachment.add(

<attachment compressMode="print" filterActive="false" label="YOUR FILENAME"

nameScriptActive="false" type="normal" upload="false">

<name>{vars.filename}</name>

</attachment>)

delivery.hasAttachments = true

Thanks

David

David Kangni

Level 7

Thanks David for Inputs. Will try this way and let know

Regards,