Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break on 30th September at 8 am PT with Campaign experts Arthur Lacroix and Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Exclude past recipients in a recurring campaign

Level 1

Masters of Adobe Campaign, 

I am working on a recurring campaign with 3 different email templates and would like to exclude recipients of the 1st email so they will no longer receive emails from that said campaign. I can do that by selecting exclusion and adding a successful delivery to it, which worked if I am correct. Still, I am unsure if it will work after another delivery reiteration/sent. Is there any other way to directly build the exclusion to the query?

Thank you in advance for any ideas and solutions. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @MarioGG ,

You can achieve this by adding a delivery code to each of your deliveries, and then use split activities in your campaign to filter the recipients who have a broadLog entry (and status = sent) with those delivery codes as you would want.

You can also make the delivery code to be dynamic so that every week the delivery code is update automatically in your deliveries and split activities, and you don't need to update the campaign workflow every week.

Let me know if that sounds helpful.

Thanks,

Ishan

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @MarioGG,

Not sure if I understood what you need but you can ensure that campaign will query recipients only once with incremental query or/and exclusion split by delivery logs where message is sent or using the premade filters. Also you can create your own typology rule to exclude all who received the email.

Incremental query | Adobe Campaign

Marcel_Szimonisz_1-1647415313893.png

With using premade filter or you can query delivery logs

Marcel_Szimonisz_0-1647415226160.png

Or you can use all at the same time

Marcel

Level 1

To better provide all the details about what this will accomplish; This is a workflow that will run every week at a particular time sending 3 different emails/templates with a wait activity between each send of 3 days. One of the requirements is to exclude/do not send any of the emails/templates in the workflow to those who received all emails/templates / or email 1. So one reiteration of the workflow will be sent to recipients only once. Marcel, I am unsure how to implement Incremental Query in the exclusion and what criteria to use. I am wondering; would it be viable to use list update and the same list as an exclusion in the workflow? Is there a limitation/performance impact depending on the number of recipients in the list?

Community Advisor

Who is the target.. how you select recipients from database? by what conditions? 
If you have conditions just add them from query to incremental query its the same.. just incremental query select the recipients based on criteria only once. (depending on settings you do on second tab )

Marcel_Szimonisz_0-1647502574117.png

0 means recipient never re enter the campaign

Also I used link for campaign standard here is for classic https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/automating-with-workflows/targeting-a...

Marcel

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @MarioGG ,

You can achieve this by adding a delivery code to each of your deliveries, and then use split activities in your campaign to filter the recipients who have a broadLog entry (and status = sent) with those delivery codes as you would want.

You can also make the delivery code to be dynamic so that every week the delivery code is update automatically in your deliveries and split activities, and you don't need to update the campaign workflow every week.

Let me know if that sounds helpful.

Thanks,

Ishan

Administrator

Hi @MarioGG,

Were you able to resolve this query with the help of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.
Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Community Advisor

Hi @ogonzalesdiaz,

Something like this would work if you are validating an email sent via campaign workflows

isahore_0-1703840498345.png

In case you are validating an email sent via the message center, then something like this should work

isahore_1-1703840677682.png

Let me know if you have doubts.

Regards,

Ishan