Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Duplicates in delivery included but important/unique data field is overwritten

Level 2

Hello,

I am trying to create a delivery where duplicates are kept. I managed to keep the duplicates but unfortunately another data field – the one that is most important in my case – is randomly overwritten with data of another entry of the duplicate.

Here an example for selected data:

ID

Name

Account No.

121 555 555

Vivien Test

121 555 555

Vivien Test

121 555 555

Vivien Test

Here the corresponding csv extraction file:

ID

Name

Account No.

121 555 555

Vivien Test

121 555 555

Vivien Test

121 555 555

Vivien Test

As you can see, the duplicates are kept but the unique account no. is changed to one of the account numbers of the duplicates. I checked typology rules and format of the extraction file but couldn’t find any hint to why this happens.

Do you have any ideas how I can solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Bella

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Linked? What happens if you copy the linked fields into the working table in Query activity (Complementary information/Add data)?

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

This is an external delivery with account no. as an enriched col?

Level 2

I am using the direct mail channel. So a csv file will be generated with all relevant data. The account no. belongs to a table linked to recpient table which I selected as target dimension.

I just realised where the problem lies: even if I have the correct data selected beforehand the extraction file uses the target group (here: Vivien Test incl. email address) to select the data for the file anew. Since some keys occur multiple times, the first data found in the database is linked to all of them - other entries are ignored.

Is there a possibility to tell the delivery which data should be used as "base" (in my case account no.) to map other data to for the file? I am not sure but could "Target Mapping" be an option?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Linked? What happens if you copy the linked fields into the working table in Query activity (Complementary information/Add data)?

Level 2

Sorry for the late response!

With linked I meant the relation between recipient table and the account no.-table.

The delivery does not care about the added data in query. It takes the data which is labeled as target group and "reselects" the other data. If the target group has duplicates, the same data for each one is selected even if there are more account numbers than one...

I tried Target mapping (changing target group in delivery from recipient to acoount no.-table) but couldn't get it to work yet. I think this one is my best bet

Community Advisor

An alternative could be replacing the delivery file with an extract post-send, with the extract selecting out of the temp table. Messy though.

Level 2

The problem is solved! And I refrained from using Target Mapping - a little bit to risky for my liking. Your comment

helped in the end. I didn't know that I could add the additional data to the extraction file of delivery - a friend suggested that. And it works! All individual account numbers are kept and assigned to the right person.

Thx for your help!