Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Double quotation marks got inserted when importing a list

Level 3

Hello,

I am importing a txt file/list with the following values:

digital_values

But system is inserting double quotation marks when I finish importing and the data looks like this:

digital_values

"12.000"

"10,000"

See attached screenshot as well. How do I prevent this?

Any idea?

Thanks!

AK

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello AK,

I don't know how you import the file, but usually, with standard import, you have to setup it.

First, when you setup the imported file you can use the auto detection functionality.

The, , you'll find a link like "Click here to change the file format".

Select you column 'digital_values', and change the data type to put it in number and not string.

Also, if your file has headers, check the option for it.

Cédric

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello AK,

I don't know how you import the file, but usually, with standard import, you have to setup it.

First, when you setup the imported file you can use the auto detection functionality.

The, , you'll find a link like "Click here to change the file format".

Select you column 'digital_values', and change the data type to put it in number and not string.

Also, if your file has headers, check the option for it.

Cédric

Community Advisor

Hi @alik98709228 ,

I guess you are using a data loading activity here.

When you set it up by default it sets the data type as string and hence you are seeing double quotes.

If the "Auto-detect Format" doesn't work you need to click on "click here to change the file format"(as mentioned by Cedric) and change the data type as required.

Thanks,

Deb

Administrator

Hi @alik98709228,

Were you able to resolve this query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa