Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Does not tracking when with Recipients selected in Target Mapping

Level 2

Hi,

When sending a delivery using a population from a file I select the "External file()" option in the Target mapping box:

smarquro1_2-1659691243356.png

and the tracking runs normally:

smarquro1_3-1659691397009.png

but when I select the "Recipients (nms:recipient)" option, the tracking fails, does not tracking anything:

smarquro1_1-1659691146681.png

smarquro1_4-1659691432633.png

by the way, for the "Recipients (nms:recipient)" option, in the Next windows Format of the file I select "Email (@email)" option in the Destination path:

smarquro1_0-1659691002072.png

and click Finish and Ok, if I go back to see the configuration saved, this option is missing:

smarquro1_5-1659691559573.png

I want to know why this happens, and how to fix it.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Think of the Targeting Dimension as the table you have to use with that delivery type.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/sending-messages/using-delivery-templ...

By default, delivery templates target Recipients. Their target mapping therefore uses the fields of the nms:recipient table. Adobe Campaign offers other target mappings for your deliveries, to be used based on your needs.

Name Use Standard schema
Recipients Deliver to recipients of the Adobe Campaign database nms:recipient
Visitors Deliver to visitors whose profiles have been collected via referral (viral marketing) or via social networks (Facebook, Twitter) for instance. mns:visitor
Subscriptions Deliver to recipients who are subscribed to an information service such as a newsletter nms:subscription
Visitor subscriptions Deliver to visitors who are subscribed to an information service nms:visitorSub
Service Publish to a Twitter account or a Facebook page nms:service
Operators Deliver to Adobe Campaign operators nms:operator
External file Deliver via a file that contains all information needed for delivery No linked schema, no target entered

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee

Hi,

Is the delivery successful when using nms:recipient mapping? If there are no emails sent, there will be nothing to track, so you need to ensure first that the delivery is working as expected.

Employee Advisor

Check the Target Dimension on your delivery types. Could be that certain Delivery templates are configured for specific schemas. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/configuring-campaign-classic/use-a-cu...

dloyd_0-1659700111578.png

Level 2

The Target Dimension for both types are:

External File:

smarquro1_0-1659946515409.png

Recipient:

smarquro1_1-1659946546712.png

It seems that the difference between one and the other is the targeting,

but I still don't understand how when selecting Recipients, which has as Targeting dimension the recipients of the database, it does not perform tracking.

Thanks.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Think of the Targeting Dimension as the table you have to use with that delivery type.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/sending-messages/using-delivery-templ...

By default, delivery templates target Recipients. Their target mapping therefore uses the fields of the nms:recipient table. Adobe Campaign offers other target mappings for your deliveries, to be used based on your needs.

Name Use Standard schema
Recipients Deliver to recipients of the Adobe Campaign database nms:recipient
Visitors Deliver to visitors whose profiles have been collected via referral (viral marketing) or via social networks (Facebook, Twitter) for instance. mns:visitor
Subscriptions Deliver to recipients who are subscribed to an information service such as a newsletter nms:subscription
Visitor subscriptions Deliver to visitors who are subscribed to an information service nms:visitorSub
Service Publish to a Twitter account or a Facebook page nms:service
Operators Deliver to Adobe Campaign operators nms:operator
External file Deliver via a file that contains all information needed for delivery No linked schema, no target entered

Administrator

Hi @smarquro1,

Were you able to resolve this query with the help of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know. In case the given solutions were helpful, then kindly choose the one that helped you the most as the 'Correct Reply'.
Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 2

Hi @Sukrity_Wadhwa,

Yes, all the answers helped me for understanding more about it, in summary:

The option of external file in the delivery, should only use External file target mapping, and therefore when using Nms:recipient or another table, it is not returning the tracking as there is no link.

Thanks.

Administrator

Thanks for letting us know! 

Sukrity Wadhwa