Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

Continuous delivery vs. recurring delivery

Level 1

Hi,

Could you please help me with this: What is the difference between continuous delivery activity and recurring delivery activity? Can both be used to send SMS-deliveries?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Best,

Susanna

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Susanna,

The difference between a continuous delivery and a recurring delivery is in the way that the results are managed. A Continuous delivery will create a single delivery and add Delivery logs (broadlogs) and Tracking logs on to that same delivery each time that the activity executes. The Recurring delivery will create a new Delivery each time that that the activity executes. So for example, if you run the workflow once a week, you would end up with 52 deliveries after a year if you used a Recurring delivery activity.

Linda

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 1

...to explain a bit more: I have a welcome program where I want to send the new customers an e-mail and an SMS within a day from purchase. I use the incremental query activity to start the workflow. Which delivery activity should I choose - continuous or recurring delivery - in this situation?

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Susanna,

The difference between a continuous delivery and a recurring delivery is in the way that the results are managed. A Continuous delivery will create a single delivery and add Delivery logs (broadlogs) and Tracking logs on to that same delivery each time that the activity executes. The Recurring delivery will create a new Delivery each time that that the activity executes. So for example, if you run the workflow once a week, you would end up with 52 deliveries after a year if you used a Recurring delivery activity.

Linda

Level 2

Hi @Linda_Stinson! Thanks for this answer. Do you know which type of email delivery would be more usefull for reporting purposes? I want to track how my emails performance is going each month.

In addition, if I want to add a filter on a query to specify that people who received this email won't receive it twice or more, I know I would have to add it from my Recepient Delivery Log, but could I do it with a Continuous Delivery? Right now, using a Recurring Delivery it's generating a new email each time I run my workflow

Thanks in advance!

Level 2

Even I have the same question. I believe its confusing on which type of delivery type has to be chosen in such cases.

Eg. for a daily email to new customers , both options are looking ok, we can create a continuous delivery as well as recurring delivery.

Did you get the answer for this question ?

Level 1
Level 1

Continuous delivery will create a single delivery. Add Delivery logs (broadlogs) and Tracking logs on to that same delivery each time that the activity executes. The Recurring delivery will create a new Delivery each time that the activity executes