Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Campaign Classic - Analytics integration and Message Center

Level 1

I hava found in https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/campaign-classic/using/getting-started/connectors/adobe-analy... the message "Adobe Analytics Data Connector is not compatible with Transactional messaging (Message Center)".

What does this incompatibility mean? Not possible to use Data Connector at all when already using Message Center?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Jordi,

By default the web analytics connector appends two additional parameters in a tracked url in the emails from campaign. This are bid (broadLogId) and cid (Delivery internal name ) . For a marketing database this bid parameter can be tied back to a recipient for re-marketing purpose but in transactional messaging since the execution servers does not have a recipient database , there is no re-marketing possible with the web analytics data.

I think this the incompatibility which is mentioned here.

Although , you should still be able to track the delivery names and the KPIs associated with that delivery (like open , bounce , clicks etc. ) in the analytics report suite.

regards,

Adhiyan

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

What's your use case for the connector? Tracking Campaign deliveries in Analytics?

Thanks,

-Jon

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Jordi,

By default the web analytics connector appends two additional parameters in a tracked url in the emails from campaign. This are bid (broadLogId) and cid (Delivery internal name ) . For a marketing database this bid parameter can be tied back to a recipient for re-marketing purpose but in transactional messaging since the execution servers does not have a recipient database , there is no re-marketing possible with the web analytics data.

I think this the incompatibility which is mentioned here.

Although , you should still be able to track the delivery names and the KPIs associated with that delivery (like open , bounce , clicks etc. ) in the analytics report suite.

regards,

Adhiyan