Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Alerts in input form

Level 1

Hi Team, 

i have an input form and an input like below : 

<check expr="nova_offer_validateActiveOfferCount_Test( @IOPERATIONID ) != '0'">
<error>"The number of active offers exceeds the number provided on the Campaing Input Form. Please deactivate an existing offer before creating a new offer."</error>
</check>

where "nova_offer_validateActiveOfferCount_Test" is my postgre function which i am executing in SQL script under administratrion. i want to know what value this function is returning. How can i do that. i thought of writing an alert inside the check like : 

<check expr="nova_offer_validateActiveOfferCount_Test( @IOPERATIONID ) != '0'">

alert("retrun value .."+nova_offer_validateActiveOfferCount_Test( @IOPERATIONID ));
<error>"The number of active offers exceeds the number provided on the Campaing Input Form. Please deactivate an existing offer before creating a new offer."</error>

but it's now happening. Any ideas how do i know the value which the sql function is returning. ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Ramusmartguy ,

One of the ways is to store your calculation in a field and then print the value.

Example of SMS length: <value label="Length" xpath="/tmp/sms/preview/@length"/>

Regards,

Milan

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Ramusmartguy ,

One of the ways is to store your calculation in a field and then print the value.

Example of SMS length: <value label="Length" xpath="/tmp/sms/preview/@length"/>

Regards,

Milan

Level 1
Here the input form is tied up with a schema ( which is a table in the back end ) if we create a temporary field we need to create a new column in backend. For example : <value label="length" xpath="@lenghVariable"> .. backend we need to have @lengthVariable field to store this value which is not good to add additional column in backend. I need some alert like of dialog box or temp feild where i can see my result like : alert("value is "+ funcntion() ) or <value label = "temp " value ="fucnnti9on()> ty