Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Adobe Campaign Classic - Emails sent twice / SQL deadlocks

Level 3

Hello masters of Adobe Campaign, and I appreciate the past communication and expertise.

I  am a newbie to Adobe Campaign.

This time I am curious if any of you happened or heard of DB SQL deadlocks and correlated it with duplicate Email delivery to one customer email account?

This happened a few times when one email account user stated that an email was received twice. A pool of a few IP addresses is used to send emails. MTA / MTA child logs show that only one delivery was sent, so nothing indicates the duality on my side.

To re-iterate:
a) Are the SQL deadlocks the cause and reason for Dual email send - The customer appears in the query only once.
b) When analyzing the email body and specifications on a recipient email account, the email appears to be sent from 2 different IP addresses most of the time within 30 minutes. One time I found that the same email was re-sent from the same IP address.
c) Logs don't show any bounced back delivery in this case. 

Please, let me know what you think about this and where I should start looking for the cause.

4 Replies

Level 2

Hi 

a) Are the SQL deadlocks the cause and reason for Dual email send - The customer appears in the query only once.  - Deadlocks usually happen at DB level, the workflow / delivery should be stuck if that happens or possibly delayed. Dual email send from same delivery does not seem to be related.
b) When analyzing the email body and specifications on a recipient email account, the email appears to be sent from 2 different IP addresses most of the time within 30 minutes. One time I found that the same email was re-sent from the same IP address. - If the users are being targeted / receiving email twice well, possibly the delivery is not set to exclude duplicates. It is difficult to tell here with limited information. Can you share delivery logs or may be current settings ? In case not, it is worth checking the delivery settings thoroughly .

In case you continue to face same issue, I would suggest to get in touch with Support team with detailed information.

Level 3

Masters of Adobe Campaign,

Thank you for your support and hints. I dug into the issue, and the dual send happens randomly, sometimes every 2 or 3 weeks for just one customer. Interestingly the customer has 2 accounts with the same user name but different domains such as gmail.com and gmai.com resembling the same emails being sent but only gmail.com receiving the duplicate emails once in a while. Would this have something to do with the dual email send?

a) What would be the correlation between gmail.com and gmai.com?

b)  Please, let me know what your thoughts are on this.

Thank you,

Level 3

Update on the above thread;

MTA logs do not show dual send to the same email only single; however, the email exists in the Deferred log section shortly before both emails are sent in a time offset of 20 - 40 minutes.

Thank you,

Administrator

Hi @MarioGlad,

Were you able to resolve this query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa