Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Workspace vs Data warehouse visits/visitors discrepancy

Level 1

Hi Adobe Community,

I'm seeing data discrepancies with Visits/Visitors in Workspace and the data warehouse. Analytics workspace has more visits and visitors than a data warehouse, I'm using the same segments in both. The reservation/revenue looks identical but visits are a lot lower in data warehouse reports. I tried Visits and "Visits - All Visitors" in the Data warehouse. Any suggestions on what should I look for? Thank you. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Your Data Warehouse setup may be creating multiple rows for the same visit / visitor... when you get the total from here, you aren't getting de-duplicated values...  You need to be very careful when exporting this type of information as it's very easy to over count metrics that should collapse (which Workspace does automatically)

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Your Data Warehouse setup may be creating multiple rows for the same visit / visitor... when you get the total from here, you aren't getting de-duplicated values...  You need to be very careful when exporting this type of information as it's very easy to over count metrics that should collapse (which Workspace does automatically)

Level 1

It explains if the Data warehouse has more visits, for me the data warehouse has fewer visits than the workspace. Why is that? 

Community Advisor

Oops, sorry, I mis-read that...

Do you have any segments applied to your Data Warehouse?

Sadly, this may end up being a question for client care who can do a deeper dive into your data... rather than the surface level suggestions I can make...

I hope you figure it out.

Level 1

Right. I use the same segments as I use in the workspace. 

Community Advisor

Hi Aravinds, I think the advice in this thread may be helpful,

"You may need to check the implementation. Could be something wrong with the data capture. You can reach out to the person who manages the implementation within the company." Solved: Data Warehouse and Workspace reports help - Adobe Experience League Community - 252785