Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Workspace Scheduled PDF Exports - How to fix compression issues

Level 1

When exporting workspaces to PDF on a schedule the PDF only takes up the middle of the page and as a result all the data gets smooshed and unreadable. I can't find any setting that would fix this. Anyone else have this issue and resolved it?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ohh, I haven't used that feature.. I didn't even realize it was a thing! I've always scheduled from inside the report.

I suggest logging a ticket with Client Care with samples, so that hopefully they can fix that bug!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 3

I am not able to replicate this issue.

When I do Share --> Send file on schedule, the 'long' workspace turns up looking like a very long single page PDF.

Are you exporting in the same way as me? Are there any peculiar features in your workspace? Does it always come through smooshed and unreadable for all your variations of workspaces, or just this one?

Community Advisor

Same.. although, I believe the PDF is generated based on how it renders in your screen... so if you have your components panel opened up really wide (making the report narrow) that will be how it renders in the file.... 

Have you tried closing the components panel, saving, then exporting to PDF?

Level 1

Thanks for the suggestions, both of you. I think I figured it out and it's a weird one. 

If you schedule a PDF while in the workspace itself, (share - send file on schedule) then everything works beautifully. The workspace panels extend to whole width of the PDF. 

However, if you instead schedule the reports via the projects list on the workspace projects homepage (there is a scheduled column with an on/off toggle that allows for report scheduling), it compressed the workspace panels to the middle 50% of the PDF, resulting in smooshed data. 

I initially scheduled my projects here, since it was easier to schedule multiple at once. This is probably just a bug as the workspace projects homepage recently had an update

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ohh, I haven't used that feature.. I didn't even realize it was a thing! I've always scheduled from inside the report.

I suggest logging a ticket with Client Care with samples, so that hopefully they can fix that bug!