Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Workspace right click menu misssing

Level 2

Is there some configuration setting that might cause the right click menu to not work properly? For example no menu appears when I right click on a metric or a dimension in a freeform table and I am trying to understand what could be the cause. The menu appears when I right click on other elements on the workspace environment (such as the panels, the visualisations or the components at the left sidebar.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hello,

We've had the same problem and were able to figure out the cause.
If you go to "Components" > "Preferences" > the tab "Projects & Analyses", then there is a checkbox "Make date range components relative to panel calendar by default".

Any panel that is created by a user that has this setting enabled, will have this issue.

So to fix this issue for existing panels: disable this setting, and then rebuild the panels where this issue occurs. You can not "duplicate panel" because the new panel will have the same issue. You can create a new panel and then "copy visualization" from the broken panel to the new panel.

@Jennifer_Dungan  For recreation purposes: Enable the setting described above, and create a new panel in a workspace. Then add a metric as a column, and you should find that you are not able to right click the metric. You will also notice an error in the developer tools' console window when you click it.

Kind regards,
Sam Van Renterghem

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Community Advisor

I'm not sure, I've never seen such a thing... Maybe you have a browser extension that is impacting the Javascript used to open the context menu?

Have you tried on another browser? On another computer? Do you get the same issue?

Community Advisor
  1. What browser are you using? What is its version?
  2. What browser extensions/add-ons have you installed?
  3. Are you allowing cookies from Adobe Analytics?
  4. Does the problem occur if you use another browser?

Level 2

Update on the issue: it has been fixed since today, without any active changes on my side to the browser or the extensions/add-ons

Just for reference, I have been using Chrome 103 on macOS. Although I did not try on another browser - I did reboot by computer a couple of times and cleared my cookies, but that did not fix the issue at the time (I was facing it all day yesterday) so I don't know how it was fixed in the end. Maybe it just needed to sleep on it

Thanks for the replies in any case

Level 1

This seem sto be marked as a solution, but has no solution information. Have had this issue for about 3 weeks on all browsers mac OS.

Level 2

Mine just started doing this a week ago. Was there ever a fix for what made it start working again?

Level 2

Not really, nothing I tried at the time worked but then it was just fixed the day after.

Level 2

Is there a way to unmark it as Solved so that maybe it gets more attention?

Level 2

Looks like there is a Console error that happens in the browser. Each time you right click it fires another and the counter just keeps going up: 

BradenAnderson_0-1711643958423.png

I wonder if there was an update made that broke it on their side and they aren't aware it's happening? Going on 2 weeks with it not working, really starts to get frustrating for adhoc requests.

Community Advisor

I am not seeing this error message. Is it possible you have an extension on your browser that might be causing an issue with Workspace functionality?

Can you try in Incognito (hopefully you don't have that set to load ALL your extensions), and see if the issue persists?

Community Advisor

Hmm it might also be a Mac thing.. I am on PC.... we know that browsers work slightly differently between OS, since they are built for different architectures...

Level 1

Hi! I'm struggling with the same issue, I'm also getting the console error. It looks like a setting/permissions thing. 

I've tried:

- Clearing Cache/Restarting

- Multiple Browsers (FF & Chrome)

- Resetting Preferences in the tool

BUT when a coworker tries their login on my system for the same account, or if I try a different account, it works. That tells me it's not the browser, or the OS. Even tried matching up the profiles between mine and my coworkers logins for the same account but no dice.

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hello,

We've had the same problem and were able to figure out the cause.
If you go to "Components" > "Preferences" > the tab "Projects & Analyses", then there is a checkbox "Make date range components relative to panel calendar by default".

Any panel that is created by a user that has this setting enabled, will have this issue.

So to fix this issue for existing panels: disable this setting, and then rebuild the panels where this issue occurs. You can not "duplicate panel" because the new panel will have the same issue. You can create a new panel and then "copy visualization" from the broken panel to the new panel.

@Jennifer_Dungan  For recreation purposes: Enable the setting described above, and create a new panel in a workspace. Then add a metric as a column, and you should find that you are not able to right click the metric. You will also notice an error in the developer tools' console window when you click it.

Kind regards,
Sam Van Renterghem

Level 2

OP should mark this as the solution for people to fix it. It lasted for almost a month for me and I was starting to get really frustrated. Thanks so much Sam.