Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Why Would September Visit Numbers Keep Changing After The Month Ended 11 Days Ago?

Level 4

We are reviewing reports from September. September ended 11 days ago, but the number of visits for the month keep changing. Why would this be the case? Shouldn't the numbers stay consistent for the number of visits that occurred during the month? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I can think of two potential reasons:

1. "Offline data" from mobile apps

Basically, if a user is using a mobile app, but aren't connected to the internet.. the tracking should be bundled and stored until the user reconnects to the internet, then all the stored traffic will be bundled and sent to Adobe (which could affect historical values)

2. Bulk Data Import

In theory, someone in your org might have offline data that they are importing into Adobe...

This could affect any potential date in history, in theory.... 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

They should be consistent... do you have any sort of Segment or Custom Attribution applied that might be affecting your reports?

Level 4

It doesn't appear there is any special custom attribution set up. Is there a time frame when the data collection cuts off? I can't think of any other reason why data would still be populating for last month. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I can think of two potential reasons:

1. "Offline data" from mobile apps

Basically, if a user is using a mobile app, but aren't connected to the internet.. the tracking should be bundled and stored until the user reconnects to the internet, then all the stored traffic will be bundled and sent to Adobe (which could affect historical values)

2. Bulk Data Import

In theory, someone in your org might have offline data that they are importing into Adobe...

This could affect any potential date in history, in theory.... 

Community Advisor

I hope you were able to sort out where those numbers were coming from!