Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Why don't I get compare time periods functionality for Time dimension?

Level 1

I am trying to create a freeform table where I want month wise visits level data for last 2 years and want YoY Percentage change in number of visits and Month on percentage change from Jan to Dec, How can I do that? Why am I not able to Compare time periods option when I take Month or any Time Dimensions in my freeform table? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

@DipikaSomvanshi , Because you have selected only this year Visits metric.

Can you please select Visits from both column and then right click.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 6

Hi @DipikaSomvanshi ,

Yes, compare time period option is not visible for Time dimension report and visible for other dimensions.

In this case you can add visits report for specific year then click on add time period column -> Prior year to this date range. 

Use bar chart for performance visualisation. 

prads_0-1716559661783.png

For percent change number, you can select the rows. - > Right click - > Visualize - > Summary change.

You can use this for your manual creation report.

prads_1-1716559861989.png

Level 1

Thanks for your reply. Can I able to create any custom metric like YoY Percentage Change for each month in this case?

Level 6

Summary change report is best way to calculate the % of change for month. You need to manually select each month and observe and note the change value.

Also, you can try quick calculated metrics in analysis workspace

Select both visit metrics -> right click on it -> Click metric from selection -> click on percent change

prads_0-1716902673407.png

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics-learn/tutorials/components/calculated-metrics/q...

Level 1

Thanks a lot for response.

I am not getting Percentage Change option in my workspace. Please check screenshot below. What could be possible reason for this?

DipikaSomvanshi_0-1716912609814.png

Correct answer by
Level 6

@DipikaSomvanshi , Because you have selected only this year Visits metric.

Can you please select Visits from both column and then right click.