Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Why does table shows other values despites having segment at hit level?

Level 6

Why does table shows other dimension values instead of showing only "Laptops" despites having segment at hit level? 

FYI the dimension is a classification and is from product variable. I expect table to show only the "laptop" instead of all other values since the segment is hit level. Please explain.

1.png2.png

5 Replies

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

When you create a segment, whether it's hit/visit/visitor, it brings in everything that happens at that level as long as the conditions of the segment are met. In your example, you have a segment where sub-class = "laptops". So it is going to look at everything that happens in the hits where sub-class is laptops. In your cart abandon, it will show you the amount of cart abandons for laptops, but it will also show you what other sub-classes were were abandoned at the same time (in the same hit). 

If you want it to be just that sub-class only, don't use a segment, bring in the dimension and drop it in the table. You can put it above/below the metric 'cart abandonment' so it says "filter by" and then it uses it as a dimension and not a segment. On the left hand components menu click the little ">" icon at the right to dive into the dimension items, and just drag in laptop into the table.

Level 6

I have 100 subclasses not sure which is the effective way.

What are you trying to do? Build out a dashboard for each subclass? Is it just one metric or multiple you want?

Level 6

trying to build a dashboard for specific 100 sub class to see their cart abandonment rate.

Best way to do that would be to use the filters for sub-class in the table. Click the filter icon beside the dimension name, click 'show advanced', and then you have different options for the filter. I suggest "contains any term" as that field is space delimited. So for example if you put "laptops golf", it will bring in any subclasses that have "laptops" or "golf" in their name. I think you can put up to 100 words in that field.

Mandy_George_2-1660669756736.png

Mandy_George_1-1660669731052.png

Mandy_George_0-1660669717683.png