Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Why aren't the dimensions/ metrics in Adobe Analytics and Report Builder the same?

Level 2

Hi there,

I have a question concerning the metrics and dimensions in the Adobe Analytics front end versus the Report Builder Add-In for Excel.

In this example I am referring to the "Exit Link URL (v62)" which I can find in the Adobe Analytics front end (see screenshot below):

In contrast I can't find it anywhere in the Report Builder search (see following screenshot):

Does anyone have an idea what could be the reason for this circumstance? And how can I add the metric/ dimension so that it will finally occur in the selection of the Report Builder tool? Are specific configurations necessary for Adobe Analytics?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Cristina,

The Workspace works very differently from the (legacy) Report section, workspace is relatively new, and has much more functionality. You can search for instances, as each evar will not have a separate instance variable in the Reporting API which is what report Builder uses.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 5

When you search like you did in Workspace, you're searching across metrics, segments and dimensions. In your screenshot of Report Builder, you're only searching in the Metrics tab. Exit Link URL (v62) is a dimension, and you'd find it in the Dimensions tab.

Level 2

I was referring to "Exit Link URL (v62) - instances " which is a metric (green). It won't occur in the search for metrics.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Cristina,

The Workspace works very differently from the (legacy) Report section, workspace is relatively new, and has much more functionality. You can search for instances, as each evar will not have a separate instance variable in the Reporting API which is what report Builder uses.