Expand my Community achievements bar.

When/How Should the SDID Be Set?

Level 4

Hello,

We are using Analytics, the ECID library, and Target. We use A4T reporting. I know for A4T reporting to function, it is important for the SDIDs to match in Analytics and Target. This works as expected on a normal page load; the SDIDs are present and matching in both AA and AT calls. My question deals with subsequent AA calls, either due to a link click (s.tl()) or view rendering in the SPA.

For the initial page load, the SDID is present in the AA call. However, for an interaction that does not explicitly load a new page (such as a link click that does not navigate to a new page), the SDID is absent. This is a fairly standard implementation using the Tags/Launch extensions. That is, we do not manually set the SDID for the page load or otherwise. For me, this raises the following questions:

• Why is the SDID present in the page load call but not the click interaction? More generally, since we are using the extensions, what "triggers" the setting of the SDID variable on the tracker (for example, an s.t() call only)?
  • Is this expected or will it cause any problems for A4T?
  • What is the recommendation for SPAs since they also do not trigger a full page reload?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I don't use Target, but I found this post that sounds like a similar issue / solution to what you are trying to do: 
https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-target-questions/setting-same-sdid-for-all-ta...

Good luck!

Level 4

Thanks for the answer, but unfortunately, that is a bit different than my question. I am concerned with the sdid on the AA call, not the Target call.

Community Advisor

Can you help me understand how you access the SDID? How are you currently sending to Adobe?

I don't have Target, I know very little about how it sets it's IDs.... Knowing more about how it works would help me to help you....

Honestly, I would be tempted to set the SDID in a Visit level eVar, have it set/send on the page view, then just let the Visit attribution maintain the value on the action....  (if "setting it" is overriding the value on the Action, remove it from being set on actions, and only set it on Page Views)....

Then you SDID should be available to you on all subsequent calls once it has been set....