Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

What triggers the error message "invalid multiplier" in SAINT Classification import?

Level 3

I'm trying to import a numeric classification, but I'm unable to get past the warning:

• Warning: Invalid Multiplier: '1'

This appears whenever I populate the final two columns with anything (the '1' part is because I tried filling the final column with 1's on the last go).

In the example below, "Amt" is the classification variable of type 'text', and then "Amt^~AmtN" is the 'numeric' classification variable.

I presume the variable ending "~per~" is meant to be the type of 'numeric' (it never changes, regardless of whether I select "percent", "number", or "currency").

1. What does the error mean?
  2. What should go in "Amt" and its sub-classifications?

##   SCSiteCatalyst SAINT Import Filev:2.0
## SC'## SC' indicates a SiteCatalyst pre-process   header. Please do not remove these lines.
## SCD:2018-02-28 08:55:46A:xxxxxxxxxxx:122
KeyFlagSystemDetailAmtAmt^~AmtNAmt^~AmtN^~per~
a13psref406.23
a14psref287.5
a15fschg458.33
a16fcref500
a17frrisk1015.83
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

There are specific configuration values you need to populate those columns with. Which value(s) to use depends on your needs.

See: PER Modifier Headings

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

There are specific configuration values you need to populate those columns with. Which value(s) to use depends on your needs.

See: PER Modifier Headings

Level 3

Thanks, Josh - that's exactly what I was after.

If I had cut my search down to just the word "multiplier", I would have found it - I was so close!