Expand my Community achievements bar.

What's the proper way of treating hit-based exclusions via VISTA rules in Adobe Data Feed?

Level 2

@Jennifer_Dungan 

Our team just learned that there were some hit-based exclusions done with VISTA rules. 

Our team has been ingesting the Adobe Data Feed we received and used "exclude_hit = 0" as a filter. Is that all that we need to recognize these hit-based exclusions? Or is it that by using any of the POST-eVars (instead of eVars) would automatically adjust based on the VISTA rules? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

We don't have any Vista Rules in place in our implementation, so I can't say for sure what all might be manipulated and how, but using Exclude_Hit is the still probably the best option... you may still have "post" values even on an excluded hit; especially since the Vista Rule runs after your own processing rules..I am not sure what all the Vista rule is doing to your data, so best to play it safe. This will also exclude all the other "excluded hit", so you should be safer.. 

However, if you can find out what all the Vista Rule is doing, you could confirm with your data the rows that were manipulated that way, and how they actually appear in your raw data.