Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

What is difference between conversion and analytics metrics

Level 2

What is difference between conversion and analytics metricsconversion.PNG

how can I measure clicked on mbox ? meaning that what is mbox in that context ?

I know that using analytics metrics will give me the ability  to choose a lot of metrics as a success metric how ever 
when I'm using some thing like  Page Views it doesn't increase in count even if unique visitors are increased
quote from the documentation : 
"
page views :

This metric counts all page view tracking calls (t()) in a report suite. For dimensions, it includes hits where a dimension item is defined or persisted. It does not include link tracking calls (tl()).

"
please noted that I use Data insertion Api ::
and that is an example of how I'm using it ::

https://{datacollectionhost}/b/ss/{rsid}/0?pe=tnt&tnta={payload}&mcid={mcid}

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

So, I don't use Target, but I do support A/B testing (we use a different tool).

Technically a conversion is just a special metric (in the context of your test).

For instance... let's say you are doing a test on a click on a container (maybe this container just expands and collapses):

In this case, you would want to track the click as a conversion (maybe specifically expand actions)

Or maybe you are doing a test that takes users through a purchase flow.... you may want your conversion on the click of "make payment" (s.tl / action call) or maybe you want the conversion to track on the "thank you page" (s.t / page view call) after a purchase is completed.

These are decisions that you will have to determine based on how your site works and what type of test you are running.

I would assume (possibly incorrectly) that when you choose a Page View as a conversion, you can target specific page views (i.e. thank you page PVs) rather than just any page view... 

Hopefully someone else here can support the Target specific questions... 

But I suspect if your mbox clicks don't resolve to a page view, then your conversions wouldn't increment (something like the expand and collapse example above, the user stays on the same page).

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

So, I don't use Target, but I do support A/B testing (we use a different tool).

Technically a conversion is just a special metric (in the context of your test).

For instance... let's say you are doing a test on a click on a container (maybe this container just expands and collapses):

In this case, you would want to track the click as a conversion (maybe specifically expand actions)

Or maybe you are doing a test that takes users through a purchase flow.... you may want your conversion on the click of "make payment" (s.tl / action call) or maybe you want the conversion to track on the "thank you page" (s.t / page view call) after a purchase is completed.

These are decisions that you will have to determine based on how your site works and what type of test you are running.

I would assume (possibly incorrectly) that when you choose a Page View as a conversion, you can target specific page views (i.e. thank you page PVs) rather than just any page view... 

Hopefully someone else here can support the Target specific questions... 

But I suspect if your mbox clicks don't resolve to a page view, then your conversions wouldn't increment (something like the expand and collapse example above, the user stays on the same page).