Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

We want to count the number of visits per visitor that did order. Is there a way to find this?

Level 4

Is there a way to see how many visits it takes a user to purchase? We are looking for a way to determine visits per order. We want to count the number of visits per visitor that did order.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I imagine that users also will have multiple orders in their lifetime.. so you would only want to count the visits since their first purchase / previous purchase / first ever visit, correct?

This kind of logic is complex... to be honest, I would probably ask our Data Team to calculate this from our Data Lake (where we process the Raw Data Feeds) and they have access to full SQL logic...

I will try and think about this... but it's tricky... cause you have to isolate just the visits between last purchase and current purchase (for repeating visitors), but then you also need to see the number of visits since the first ever visit to the first purchase...

Trying to use Adobe's sequential logic doesn't necessarily look at last to current order instance... if you were to use something like "Order THEN Order" it might look at first order to second order from all time, so then you would have to add a lot of extra checks and balances to try to isolate the recent purchases...  and that I am not sure offhand how to make the logic return correct data....

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I imagine that users also will have multiple orders in their lifetime.. so you would only want to count the visits since their first purchase / previous purchase / first ever visit, correct?

This kind of logic is complex... to be honest, I would probably ask our Data Team to calculate this from our Data Lake (where we process the Raw Data Feeds) and they have access to full SQL logic...

I will try and think about this... but it's tricky... cause you have to isolate just the visits between last purchase and current purchase (for repeating visitors), but then you also need to see the number of visits since the first ever visit to the first purchase...

Trying to use Adobe's sequential logic doesn't necessarily look at last to current order instance... if you were to use something like "Order THEN Order" it might look at first order to second order from all time, so then you would have to add a lot of extra checks and balances to try to isolate the recent purchases...  and that I am not sure offhand how to make the logic return correct data....

Community Advisor

In Adobe Analytics, you can use the "Orders" metric and "Visit Number" dimension to determine the number of visits it takes for a user to make a purchase. Here's how to create a report that shows this information:

1. Log in to your Adobe Analytics account and navigate to the Workspace.

2. Create a new project or open an existing one.

3. From the "Components" panel on the left, drag and drop a "Freeform Table" into the workspace.

4. Drag the "Visit Number" dimension from the "Components" panel and drop it into the "Rows" section of the Freeform Table.

5. Drag the "Orders" metric from the "Components" panel and drop it into the "Columns" section of the Freeform Table.

This report will show the number of orders for each visit number. You can interpret this data to understand how many visits it takes for a user to make a purchase on average.

Keep in mind that this report does not account for unique visitors, so the data may include multiple orders from the same visitor. If you want to analyze unique visitors, you can create a segment that includes only users who made a purchase, then apply that segment to the report. This will provide a more accurate representation of the number of visits it takes for a unique visitor to make a purchase.