Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Visitor that has visited X items within a dimension

Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to create a segment that shows Visitors that have visited X number of items within a dimension.

I created several segments that are as per below (the value in distinct count changes from 1-9) and selected a certain timeframe. Reason for that is if i didn't include the timeframe it would return values based on the visitor's history and i only wanted the values based on a time frame.

swagner2_0-1678788832898.png

The results do not look right though as it returns values for several segments as per below. I have tried a few things and aren't getting anywhere

The visitor should fall within the 7 app segment for that timeframe selected (9 apps opened in their lifetime)

swagner2_1-1678789531205.png

3 Replies

Community Advisor

This is a tough one... since Segments are done before the Visualization logic, I think if you need to look at specific sections (households), then you may need to create a separate segment for each section....

You are correct to include a time range in the segment if you need to see the Visitor data within a specific time frame, rather than all time....

I am not sure how to do "exactly" 9.. but I stated with a segment that looks like:

Visitor

Time Frame

AND

(visitor container)

section equals "household"

THEN

THEN

THEN

THEN

THEN

THEN

THEN

THEN

Basically, looking for the user to have visited household, then at some point later, hit household again, then some point later hit household yet again... etc

This should return users who have visited household 9+ times with your time frame (but check the data... as this could still have issues)... normally, if I were looking for this, I would ask our Data Lake team to pull using more precise SQL queries.... but logically this should in theory work for you.....

Level 1

Thank you so much Jennifer - this is super helpful. Unfortunately my visitor is now appearing in all of the segments. What i am trying to do is the below:

within the dimension (External app name) we have different items, so if they only visit item 1 that would be 1 App, if they visit item 1 and item 2 -> 2 apps. Doesn't matter how many times they visit item 1 or item 2

Community Advisor

And you need the 9 times logic?

Maybe stacking segments might work? So if "household" in your case is an app variant... as in you have apps for "household" and "tools" and "stuff" for instance....

You could try creating a segment for:

Visitor

Date Range

and

section = "household"

and

(exclude container)

section = "tools"

and

(exclude container)

section = "stuff"

And see if that will only bring back users who have only visited household?

This is pretty complex logic, and while the segment builder is good, sometimes it's hard to get the specific granularity needed....