Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Video Tracking through Data Layers

Level 4

My devs are looking into implementing video through data Layers and wanted to know what would be the best practices for implementing the video for custom players in dataLayers and also any specific documentation and constraints of which they need to be aware of.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I assume you are talking about the Adobe "event driven" data layer.. I haven't used this myself, but it would be similar to other implementations I have used... push events for play, pause, specific progress markers (like 10%, 25%, 50%, etc), complete. You would want to include data that you would need to read and leverage on those events to get what you need for your tracking....

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I assume you are talking about the Adobe "event driven" data layer.. I haven't used this myself, but it would be similar to other implementations I have used... push events for play, pause, specific progress markers (like 10%, 25%, 50%, etc), complete. You would want to include data that you would need to read and leverage on those events to get what you need for your tracking....

Community Advisor

Normally, and as with any reporting requirements, it depends on your business requirements. What does your business need to report to indicate successful consumption of your video content? When you have the answer to that question, then you'll know what you need to report, which leads to knowing what you need to track, which then leads to knowing what your developers need to set in your data layer for you to track.