Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Video Analytics Reports

Level 1

I am working on implementing video anlaytics on our website. We are using HTML5 videos. We have refered help document for this implementation. 

In reports dropdown, we can see reports like10% progress marker, 25%progress marker, etc. These reports donot contain any data. I am not sure what needs to be done to cpature this progress marker data.

Can anybody help with what needs to be done so as to capture % progress marker data?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Rushikesh

The progress markers fire if they are passed at least once in a session and the content length was provided via VHL configuration (see https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/appmeasurement/hbvideo/c_content_variables_event...). You should ensure that Adobe context data variables that fire at each progress marker are automatically mapped to the related reserved solution variables.

Cheers

Lisa

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Rushikesh

The progress markers fire if they are passed at least once in a session and the content length was provided via VHL configuration (see https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/appmeasurement/hbvideo/c_content_variables_event...). You should ensure that Adobe context data variables that fire at each progress marker are automatically mapped to the related reserved solution variables.

Cheers

Lisa

Level 1

Thanks Lisa.

So it seems these variables or reports are getting populated because of Video hearbeat implementation.  But I am using milestone based approach and library. This cuased confusion. Is there any setting or configuration that I need to do differently when I am using milestone based approach so that these reports don't get visibile.

Also in present scneario, I can see Video Name, and video length reports two times. Is there any difference in these two reports.